Braided Rugs Cleaning Tips
In general, the way of cleaning braided rugs depends on the fabric used for braiding. Machine-made braided rugs may be washable, so the labels will generally inform you about the specific conditions of watching. In other cases, these braided rugs cleaning tips might be helpful:
- Braided rugs should not be rubbed; blot the excess liquid with a towel.
- Cotton hand-braided rugs may be washable in the machine, but this is not recommended since the risk of damage is rather high.
- Wool rugs, synthetic rugs, as well as rugs made of natural / plant fibers, require neutral detergent and quick drying. The laundry detergent should be avoided as it may affect the colors and leave an unpleasant residue of the rugs.
- “Oxy” cleaners may work for synthetic rugs, but should never be used for wool braided rugs. Using oxy cleaners with synthetics rugs, carefully follow all the cleaning recommendations.
- For cleaning stains on the surface of low pile wool, cotton, acrylic and rayon rugs, use dry powder cleaners. Still, the latter is not recommended for plush piles, as it will be difficult to clean the residue.
- Silk braided rugs should be cleaned by cleaning professionals using a dry cleaning process.
You might also do a great job avoiding these worst cleaning advice and consulting professional instead.
Braided Rugs Maintenance
- Handcrafted heirloom rugs require gentle handling and care. They should better be placed in the areas with little to no traffic to prevent any stains or damage. Regular vacuuming of both sides is necessary at least once a week to remove dust and pet hair.
- Vacuum braided rugs regularly. Roller brushes should never be used on braided rugs because they damage the threads. Use upholstery attachment to vacuum the rug to avoid damaging fabric fibers or pulling them out.
- Rotate braided rugs regularly managing the traffic pattern to enhance the durability of the braided rugs. You should also flip the braided rugs over from time to time.
- New snow may be used for braided rugs cleaning. When there are two to five inches of fresh snow outside, lay the rug on the snow and apply some pressure. Then, flip the rug and repeat the process on a new clean area. If the snow is fresh, the rug will not be wet and can be returned to home right away.
If you need professional braided rug cleaning, contact us, and we will return a glossy and refined look to your rug.