Is it time to update the look and feel of your home? If so, there are a lot of things to consider, and one of them should be whether or not to invest in area rugs! Would your home benefit from the addition of rugs? Here are 5 signs to watch for.
- Your wood floors are getting scuffed by furniture, feet, or pets. It’s an undeniable truth that floors are meant to be walked on. And over time, all that walking can cause residual damage to your beautiful hardwood or laminate wood floors! One of the great benefits that area rugs provide is protection for the bare floor underneath. If you’ve noticed scuffs, scrapes, gouges or staining on your wood or laminate floors, investing in area rugs can put a stop to the problem. And over time, it’ll save you money on floor repairs and refinishing.
- Your feet are always freezing. You get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and by the time you get back, your feet are so cold that it takes you thirty minutes to get back to sleep. Or you lay in bed after the alarm clock goes off, dreading the moment when your bare feet make contact with the frigid wood or tile. Socks don’t help, and even your fuzzy slippers let in the cold. Sounds like it’s time to insulate those floors with some nice, soft, warm rugs!
- The rooms in your home just seem to be missing something. Maybe it’s a lack of color or vibrant patterns that help to tie together the interior design of your living space. Or maybe your living room just feels stark and somber with all the bare hardwood. Either way, there’s something missing, and it can only be remedied with rugs!
- Guests don’t stay long. A home full of hard surfaces is an unwelcome place for guests. They might not say anything about it, and probably they aren’t even consciously thinking it. But somewhere in the back of their minds, they are subconsciously yearning for the lush, soft comfort that only rugs can provide.
- You have a new baby (or grandchild) on the way. Babies love to roll around on the floor. But hard, bare wood or tile floors are not conducive surfaces for infants to roll around on and explore! Introducing area rugs to your living space will make your little ones more comfortable and less likely to be injured.