Deep cleaning hardwood floors is one of our specialties. We’ve cleaned a lot of wood floors and restored shine and beauty to even the most hopeless of cases. But in between professional cleanings, you still have to clean your floor! Our clients often ask our opinion about the best way to keep their wood floors looking clean and beautiful, so here are some tips.
- Remove dirt, debris, pet hair, and particulates from the floor first with a dust mop or the floor brush attachment of your vacuum.
- Once every two to four weeks, clean the floor using a liquid cleaner or oil soap specially formulated for hardwood floors. Follow the instructions on the container and make sure to dilute it sufficiently in water so as not to leave behind a sticky or filmy residue after you clean.
- Mix the cleaning solution in a bucket and use a sponge mop to clean the floors, wringing out the mop after each dip in the solution to ensure the floors do not get too wet. Once the entire area has been mopped with the cleaner, rinse the mop thoroughly and wet-mop the floor without cleaner.
- Leaving your hardwood floor damp may damage it, so make sure to dry the floor thoroughly using a dry towel.
- Prevent scratches in your floor by providing interior and exterior doormats and using protective pads or discs on the feet of tables, chairs, and sofas.
And there you have it! Follow these simple steps and your hardwood floors will stay bright and lustrous between deep cleanings.
If you live in the Asheville area, give us a call at 828.772.1824 or get in touch via our contact form today to schedule your wood floor cleaning! (And yes, we clean pine and laminate floors, too!)