Our customers sometimes ask if there’s anything they need to do to get ready for their scheduled carpet cleaning. We’re pretty self-sufficient, so there’s not much we ask you to do in advance of your cleaning. But there are a couple of simple things you can do to help ensure your carpet cleaning goes as smoothly and quickly as possible. Here’s a checklist that will help you with how to prepare for a carpet cleaning.
- Schedule your carpet cleaning for a day when you won’t need to use the room. Even if it’s after the cleaning crew is scheduled to leave, you’ll want to keep the room off limits for family and guests for at least a couple hours after the cleaning, so it’s best if you plan not to use the room that day.
- Pick up small items. Before the crew arrives, go through the room and do a quick pick-up. Move toys, magazine racks, sit-arounds, and other small items out of the room.
- Remove breakables. Our professional staff is very careful and cautious when it comes to the safety of your belongings. When using our equipment, we always try to remain conscious of our surroundings to prevent any mishaps. But, better safe than sorry! If you have fragile items hanging on the walls, for instance, it’s a good idea to get them out of the way before your scheduled carpet cleaning.
- Get cats and dogs secured in another area of the house. Our carpet cleaning solutions are non-toxic and totally safe for you and your pets, but dogs and cats can get in the way while we’re cleaning. Or they might be frightened of our equipment. So the best bet is to get your pets secured in another room while the carpet crew is at work in your home.
- Move heavy furniture out of the way. We will move smaller items or furniture that can be slid from one side of the room to another, but we do ask that you move all heavy items out of the room in advance of your cleaning appointment. Or, our strapping crew can move your heavy furniture for you for an extra charge.
- No need to vacuum. Vacuuming prior to our arrival is not necessary. We vacuum the carpet as part of our cleaning process.
- Prepare to be amazed! Your carpets are going to look great after we’re done. If you’re prone to knee-weakness when you’re pleasantly surprised, you might want to have a chair ready to collapse into!
And that’s everything. We’ll take care of the rest!
We hope you found this carpet cleaning checklist helpful. If you are looking for a professional carpet cleaning service in the Asheville, NC area, contact us or give us a call at 828.237.3237 today!