Is it time to update the look and feel of your home? If so, there are a lot of things to consider, and one of them should be whether or not to invest in area rugs! Would your home benefit from the addition of rugs? Here are 5 benefits of adding rugs to your interior design.
- Rugs protect your wood floors. Fact: Floors are meant to be walked on. It just can’t be helped. But over time, all that walking can cause residual damage to your beautiful hardwood or laminate wood floors! One awesome benefit of area rugs is that they protect the bare floor underneath. If you’ve noticed scuffs, scrapes, gouges or staining on your wood or laminate floors, placing area rugs in high-traffic areas can put a stop to the problem. Over time, this will save you money on floor repairs and refinishing.
- Rugs prevent cold feet. You get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and by the time you get back, your feet are so cold that it takes you thirty minutes to get back to sleep. Or you lay in bed after the alarm clock goes off, dreading the moment when your bare feet make contact with the frigid wood or tile. Socks don’t help, and even your fuzzy slippers let in the cold. Sounds like it’s time to insulate those floors with some nice, soft, warm rugs!
- Rugs can tie a room together. Maybe it’s a lack of color or vibrant patterns that help to tie together the interior design of your living space. Or maybe your living room just feels stark and somber with all the bare hardwood. Either way, there’s something missing, and it can only be remedied with rugs!
- Rugs make a room more welcoming and comfortable. A home full of hard surfaces is an unwelcome place for guests. They might not say anything about it, and probably they aren’t even consciously thinking it. But somewhere in the back of their minds, they are subconsciously yearning for the lush, soft comfort that only rugs can provide.
- Rugs help keep your little ones safe. Babies love to roll around on the floor. But hard, bare wood or tile floors are not conducive surfaces for infants to roll around on and explore! Introducing area rugs to your living space will make your little ones more comfortable and less likely to be injured.
At Five Step Carpet Care, we don’t sell rugs, but we do clean them! We even offer a convenient pick-up and drop-off service! If you live in the Asheville, NC area and need professional rug cleaning, give us a call at 828.237.3237.