https://www.fivestepcarpetcarenc.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/5-Step-Logo.jpg 0 0 Star https://www.fivestepcarpetcarenc.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/5-Step-Logo.jpg Star2023-03-22 19:16:572023-03-22 19:16:57Tips for Keeping Upholstery Looking Fresh
Tips for Keeping Upholstery Looking Fresh
When it comes to keeping upholstery looking fresh and clean, a few simple tips can go a long way. Whether it’s a couch, loveseat, or armchair, regular maintenance can help to extend the life of your furniture and keep it looking its best. Here are some tips for keeping your upholstery looking fresh.
- Vacuum regularly. Regular vacuuming will help to remove dust, dirt, and other debris that can accumulate in the upholstery fibers over time. Make sure to use a brush attachment and be gentle to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Spot cleaning. In addition to vacuuming, spot cleaning is an important part of maintaining the appearance of your upholstery. As soon as a spill or stain occurs, blot it with a clean, damp cloth to remove as much liquid as possible. Avoid rubbing the stain, as this can spread it further into the fabric. Many stains can be gotten out with water or a simple mixture of water and mild dish soap. But if the stain is particularly stubborn, you may need to use a specialized upholstery cleaner or consult a professional. Before using an upholstery cleaning spray or foam, always do a spot test on a hidden section to ensure it won’t cause discoloration or damage.
- Prevent fading. Protecting your upholstery from direct sunlight is another important step in maintaining its appearance. Sunlight can cause fading and discoloration, particularly in fabrics that are not colorfast. Consider using curtains, blinds, or shades to block out direct sunlight, or move your furniture away from windows and skylights if possible.
- Rotate cushions. Regularly rotating your cushions can also help to prevent wear and tear, especially on furniture that is used on a daily basis. This will distribute use more evenly and help to prevent indentations and sagging, as well as fabric wear from friction. Fluffing your cushions regularly can also help to maintain their shape and comfort.
- Periodic professional cleaning. Following the four tips above will help you keep your upholstery looking fresh and clean for years to come. However, over time, fabrics can still become dingy and not-so-fresh looking due to regular use. That’s why it’s still a good idea to have your upholstered furniture periodically cleaned by a competent professional. A professional cleaning will remove any dirt, stains, or residue left behind and make your furniture look like new.
Need help keeping upholstery looking fresh? Five Step Carpet Care is the top source for professional upholstery cleaning in the Asheville area. Give us a call at 828.237.3237 or use our contact form to get in touch today!