How to Prepare For Your Carpet Cleaning
What should you do to get ready for a professional carpet cleaning? There’s not much you need to do—we’re fairly self-sufficient. But there are a few simple preparations you can make to help ensure that your carpet cleaning goes smoothly and quickly.
We have put together an easy checklist that you can use to prepare on the day of your carpet cleaning:
- Schedule your carpet cleaning for a day when you won’t need to use the room. For instance, if you’re having the carpets cleaned in your guest room and you have relatives coming from out of town, schedule your cleaning for the day before they arrive. Once the carpet has been cleaned, keep family members and pets out of the room for a minimum of 3-4 hours to allow the carpet to dry.
- Pick up small items. Before the crew arrives, go through the room and do a quick pick-up. Move toys, shoes, magazine racks, potted plants, and other small items out of the room.
- Remove breakables from the room. Our professional staff is careful and cautious when it comes to the safety of your belongings. When using our equipment, we always try to remain conscious of our surroundings to prevent any mishaps. But, better safe than sorry. If you have fragile items hanging on the walls, for instance, it might be a good idea to get them out of the way before your scheduled carpet cleaning. And definitely remove any breakables from tables that will need to be moved prior to the cleaning.
- Get cats and dogs secured in another area of the house. Our carpet cleaning solutions are non-toxic and totally safe for you and your pets, but dogs and cats can get in the way when we’re cleaning. Or they might be frightened of our equipment. So the best bet is to get your pets secured in another room while the carpet crew is at your home.
- Move heavy furniture out of the way. We will move smaller items or furniture that can be slid from one side of the room to another, but please move all heavy items out of the room before our arrival. Or, if you prefer, our strapping crew can move your heavy furniture for you for an extra charge.
- Vacuum if you want—or don’t. Some of our clients prefer to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, but it’s not necessary. We will vacuum prior to cleaning.
- Prepare to be wowed! Your carpets are going to look AMAZING after we’re done. If you’re prone to weakness in the knees when you’re pleasantly surprised, you might want to have a soft chair ready to collapse in!
And that’s it! We’ll take care of the rest.
We hope you found this carpet cleaning checklist helpful. If you are looking for a sustainable, green carpet cleaning service in the Asheville, NC area, contact us or give us a call at 828.237.3237 today!