One of our specialties is the deep cleaning of hardwood floors. Over the years, we’ve cleaned thousands of wood floors, restoring beauty and luster to even the most hopeless of cases.
But as miraculous as the results can be, you still need maintenance care in between your professional cleanings in order to protect your wood floor. Our clients often ask our opinion about the best way to keep their wood floors looking clean and beautiful, so here are some tips.
- Before cleaning, remove dirt, debris, dust, and pet hair from the floor with a dust mop or the floor brush attachment of your vacuum. Do this weekly or as needed, and avoid using a broom with very coarse bristles, as it may damage your floor!
- Once or twice a month, clean the floor using a liquid cleaner or oil soap specially formulated for hardwood floors. Follow the instructions on the container and make sure to dilute with water so as not to leave a sticky or filmy residue behind.
- Use a bucket to mix your cleaning solution and a sponge mop to clean the hardwood floor, wringing out the mop after each dip in the solution to ensure the floors do not get too wet. Once the entire area has been mopped with the cleaner, rinse the mop thoroughly and wet-mop the floor with clear water.
- Leaving your hardwood floor damp may damage it, so make sure to dry the floor thoroughly using a dry towel.
- Prevent scratches in your floor by providing interior and exterior doormats and using protective pads or discs on the feet of tables, chairs, and sofas.
And there you have it! Follow these simple steps and your hardwood floors will stay bright and lustrous between deep cleanings.
If you live in the Asheville area, give us a call at 828.237.3237 or get in touch via our contact form today to schedule your wood floor cleaning! (And yes, we clean pine and laminate floors, too!)